Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Global History and DBQ's


On January 10th, in our last year of the History Connected program we were provided with great lecture from Chris Beneke on Antebellum American Religion and Reform in an International Context. This lecture provided me with a great deal of historical content on this time period and more importantly it provided me with another example of how American History and World History can be combined into a Global History. After this lecture we were introduced to The DBQ Project. As a teacher I have incorporated DBQs into my classroom, but often times have struggled to reach the different levels that I teach. The Mini Q’s that we were introduced to and worked on provided me with an excellent solution to this issue. I presented this information to my department with hopes of purchasing the World History Mini Q’s. Having both sets of these Mini Q’s hopefully will provide our department with an excellent tool for teaching such an important skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment