Thursday, July 19, 2012

The field trip experience that we took on Thursday July 12th is one which I plan to share with my colleagues when we return to school this September. Beginning with the Massachusetts Historical Society in the morning and ending with the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. We are so fortunate to have the Massachusetts Historical Society to use for our research and teaching experiences. Over the years I have used their website, but unfortunately after visiting them on Thursday I realized that I have not utilized them to the fullest degree. I was amazed by the amount of information, resources and organization that they have there for us to use. When I return to school this year I plan to share with my department members what I experienced there with hopes of them using them more to enhance their classroom materials. I also plan to utilize the Mass. Historical Society as I continue to put together what will eventually be a local history course elective at our high school. Later that afternoon, we had the opportunity to visit the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, which I had never been to before. This museum was one of the most unique museums that I have ever been to before. Not only does this museum represent a global perspective or economy, but it also presents a great deal of history leading up to the most recent heist, which I know would immediately grab my student’s attention. The history behind this museum is very fascinating from it origin to its legacy and how it has been taken care of over the years. I look forward to sharing this information with my department members as well as with my students in the coming years. I would like to incorporate a field trip back to this museum at some point with my students as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment